DIY Wedding Signs

March 12, 2017

Ok, so we are due to tie the knot this June in Portugal, to keep costs as low as possible (being a young couple with a little one and a house to run is quite costly!) I have decided to get a bit creative and make a few little personal craft bits for our special day.  I also need to make sure that anything I do make is light and easy to transport via a suitcase!

Our whole wedding day is going to be situated in a Villa (just a little traditional Portuguese farm house with lots of land and beautiful views.) This means that the kids can roam freely and do not have to be sat rigid at a posh 3 course meal where the parents are scared of the child even breathing too heavily never mind throwing a hissy fit. (Yep, we have been there and since that Wedding we both vowed that ours would be laid back and a 'do what you want' kinda day!)

Anyway, back to the signs...

I bought two packs of the chalkboard signs from Hobbycraft at £8 each.


I then used my Silhouette Cameo machine (put it into Google if it looks like I'm talking foreign!) to cut out the vinyl letters - I used plain matte white vinyl, I have rolls of the stuff, it's so handy to have in and especially the Cameo machine, if your a little bit arty & crafty and are looking at purchasing something to help you get creative... I swear you will not be disappointed.

I literally designed the lettering on my laptop using the software (which comes with the machine), I wired my laptop to my Cameo and VOILA! It cut it out for me. I then picked out the excess vinyl, got my clear covering to transfer the vinyl to the signs and mission complete!

This is how they turned out.. (I've only pictured the main entry signs as I don't know who will be reading this and don't want to give too much away about the big day!)



I was so happy with these that I thought I would take it one step further and bought a couple of cheap photo frames from the pound shop, I took out the glass and painted the board on the inside with black chalk paint (I already had some in from painting the playroom wall for the little one.)

I did exactly the same thing with the vinyl and this is how that one turned out...


I still have another photo frame like this so I can still make another sign of some kind. And there are lots more sign boards left too. I think they look brill and will definitely blend into our outdoor, garden, summery, laid back Wedding.

Let me know if you have any DIY Wedding ideas! I'd love to get more creative.

Laura ❤

Links:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ - This is where I get my vinyl rolls from.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts