Wedding Dress: First Fitting

March 17, 2017

"I literally can't contain my excitement."



Today I get to try on MY Wedding dress for the first time.

Yes, obviously I have tried the tester one on when I first picked out the dress, but for a start it was about 3 sizes too big and I had to be clamped into it! Meaning that the glorious back detail wasn't really as powering as it would be if it was fitted due to the big black clamp at the bottom.

I am not going to include pictures of the dress - Sorry!
Although tempting, I want it to be a surprise on the big day... but I will include a little description.

"White, jewel neckline floor length gown with train that can be hooked for easy walking. It has jewelled detailed cut out mesh sides to give a slim line illusion and an open back brought in at the bottom with key hole detail."

I absolutely love it, it is exactly what I wanted, something with a high line neck (nothing busty) with lots of back detail and something to show my figure without being 'on show'. Its very plain material (no frills or big lace) and its relatively light (due to the hot climate in Portugal, I didn't want a big heavy dress.)

To experience the full 'Wedding' look and get an idea of how I will look on the day, I am going to curl my hair, pin it up and do my make up. - I'm taking my Mum and hoping she doesn't get too emosh!




I didn't want to take the dress off, I loved it, it was stunning. It was even prettier than I remembered.

I did get told off though as I appear to have lost 2 inches from my waist and 1 inch from my bum.... this means its going to have to be altered. To be safe, we have agreed to get measured 6 weeks before I fly to Portugal, this gives her enough time to alter the dress as necessary.

Although, If I loose any more it simply will be too big. So my task is to now stay the exact same size... help me?!

All in all. I can't wait to wear my dress again. I am so excited for our big day, and although there is still quite a few things to arrange, seeing my dress again has give me the push I needed to get the final things sorted such as cake arrangements, men's shirts, men's shoes, flower girl dress & shoes etc.

Whilst on the subject of the angelic flower girl, our darling Daughter, the little terror who threw the biggest tantrum EVER in the bridal shop... yep, throwing the beautiful scatter cushions across the room, shouting NO at the lady when she was trying to make conversation with her and star fishing on the floor after emptying the contents of my bag all over.

Safe to say... she wont be coming next time. Praying she grows out of the terrible twos / early threenager before our wedding.

Laura ❤


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts